Downloading HPE OneSphere Connect and adding a private cloud zone
Use the following procedure to add a zone in HPE OneSphere to connect to your existing private VMware vSphere or KVM environment. You can then deploy virtual machines from HPE OneSphere to a VMware vCenter cluster or KVM hypervisor(s) in a specified region.
The administrator configured a VMware vCenter or KVM environment for use with HPE OneSphere.
- Launch the HPE OneSphere URL in a supported web browser.
The HPE OneSphere URL and login information is provided in an email sent by Hewlett Packard Enterprise after your account has been created. If you do not have this information, contact your Hewlett Packard Enterprise representative.
- Enter the username provided by Hewlett Packard Enterprise to log in to your HPE OneSphere account. For more information, see Setting up your account and managing users.
- From the HPE OneSphere main menu, select Providers.
- From the Providers screen, select Private Zones.
- From the Private Zones screen, click the green plus icon.
- Click the following option on the Create Zone panel.
Create from existing Virtualized Environment
Connect existing VMware clusters or KVM servers that are already in use outside of HPE OneSphere.
- Click Download Connect for Windows or Download Connect for Mac.
- Save the HPE OneSphere Connect file for Windows (
HPE-OneSphere-Connect-1.0.0-(x)-win.zip) or Mac OS X (
HPE-OneSphere-Connect-1.0.0-(x)-mac.zip). The size of the zip file is approximately 32 MB.
- After saving the HPE OneSphere Connect file, you can use it to connect to your VMware vSphere private cloud or connect to your KVM private cloud.